1. The Arts are the languages that all people speak that cut across racial, cultural, social, educational and economic barriers and enhance cultural appreciation and awareness.
2. The Arts are symbol systems as important as letters and numbers.
3. The Arts integrate mind, body and spirit.
4. The Arts provide opportunities for self-expression, bringing the inner world into the outer world of concrete reality.
5. The Arts create a seamless connection between motivation, instruction, assessment, and practical application–leading to deep understanding.
7. The Arts are an opportunity to experience processes from beginning to end.
8. The Arts provide immediate feedback and opportunities for reflection.
9. The Arts merge the learning of process and content.
10. The Arts improve academic achievement– enhancing test scores, social skills, critical and creative thinking.
11. The Arts exercise and develop higher order thinking skills including analysis, synthesis, evaluation and “problem finding”.
12. The Arts provide the means for EVERY student to learn.